The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read that wisteria's leaves will grow different shapes ,depending on the light they receive.The new leaves of my wisteria are coming out broad ,oval shaped ,not so fine/narrow ,and irregular as the old ones.Is it growing this way so that it can absorb as much light as possible ,hence the light levels are low?

"amount"

·
Registered
94 Posts
I don't know the answer but I took wisteria from the same package and planted half in my high light, fertilized tank and half in my low light dirt tank.

The low light version is exploding like a weed with branching, pointy leaves. The high light version looks exactly as it did when placed in the tank, just a little growth and round leaves. It might be from other factors but you can't recognize them as the same plant.

·
Registered
12,541 Posts
I've read that wisteria's leaves will grow different shapes ,depending on the light they receive.The new leaves of my wisteria are coming out broad ,oval shaped ,not so fine/narrow ,and irregular as the old ones.Is it growing this way so that it can absorb as much light as possible ,hence the light levels are low?
That is generally true.... If I recall it may also be due to submersed vs emergent
http://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/forumapc/plantfinder/details.php?id=62

1 - 3 of 3 Posts