The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what is the difference between the 2 is it the stripes of white? shade or red? is one more opaque and the other more see though? can some one post pics of yours? is dragon wine red more common now?

·
Registered
219 Posts
what is the difference between the 2 is it the stripes of white? shade or red? is one more opaque and the other more see though? can some one post pics of yours? is dragon wine red more common now?
NO...this is a misnomer.

WR refers to the panda version of the Taiwan bee red shrimp ie more white. Thicker bands of white.

RR refers to what we would call KK or 1-2 stripe KK but in the Taiwan bee red. So, more red than white...

These are the KK and Panda of the Taiwan bee red. I have many of these so called dragon shrimp which do refer to the color...the black highlights in the red

The picture in the foreground shows two larger RR with several WR's

Attachments

·
Registered
213 Posts
I think it makes more sense to classify the shrimp according to the coloration. The darker color should be wine red. The brighter shade of red should be ruby red. Call the one with multiple band "panda", and one with only one stripe "one stripe". This one was sold to me as one stripe wine red.

·
Premium Member
6,607 Posts
Thanks for the education. :proud: I thought wr and rr referred to color as well, not striping. I just learned sumpthin'. :biggrin:

NO...this is a misnomer.

WR refers to the panda version of the Taiwan bee red shrimp ie more white. Thicker bands of white.

RR refers to what we would call KK or 1-2 stripe KK but in the Taiwan bee red. So, more red than white...

These are the KK and Panda of the Taiwan bee red. I have many of these so called dragon shrimp which do refer to the color...the black highlights in the red

The picture in the foreground shows two larger RR with several WR's

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i dont mind the wine red (red panda) but think the ruby is just so much more striking and since my tank has a navy back ground i think they would look better lol. kinda a shame how one thing pops up and takes over and no one really tries to keep the old look. i think a bright red and white would be great but it does seem like the dragon is taking over

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
if i get some i will try to breed for the red and not dragon. the red is so striking and the more i see dragon the more the black is starting to cover. in time we wont have them and they will look almost like panda's

·
The Security Dude
4,336 Posts
sorry if this is dumb, but is there any relation to the CRS i always get it confused.

Well yes in a way, these are a random morph that happened from crs/CBS/snow whites. There are the same species but different sub species. So yes and no In a way

·
Registered
219 Posts
They don't breed true and they are a hard shrimp to keep. The are tb, and IMO reds don't seem to keep as easy as the black kk

Just to clear up a little confusion... They do not breed true to the exact type of subspecies ie WR x WR = WR or RR x RR = RR BUT they do breed true in the fact that they Taiwan red x Taiwan red = Taiwan red (WR and/or RR)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.