The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been making these for about a year and have sent Wilma some once and she like them. All snails including Olive nerites,plecos, shrimp, and fish.
My oto's even eat these and they will not even touch anything else besides algae.

Wilma say anyone can contact her to ask her what she thinks about the. She is the one who told me that i should sell them.

I will make a batch if i get enough interest. If not it's not worth me stinking up my house making these.

Don't worry they will not stink your house up. The smell just come from cooking them and last about 2 days or more.

·
Registered
862 Posts
I might be interested in some. How much will i get for how much money>

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I might be interested in some. How much will i get for how much money>
It depends on how many people i get to buy. If i get enough buyers i will do 4.00 for what ever i can cram into a sandwhich bag and 2.50 for half.

A bag should last you about a year. Give or take how often you feed it. I usaly feed with it once a week.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OK i will head out tonight and buy the stuff to make it.

Please only post here with how much you want with either bag or half bag in your reply. Shipping will be flat 5.00 due to the fact that each bag will differ in weight and to make shipping more easy for me.

I will go down list from top to bottom starting with chaznsc and pm you when your order is ready.

I hope the shipping is not a crazy price for anyone. If you live close by and would like to come pick some up please feel free to contact me.

Also if you have any questions please feel free to contact me.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi

When you get your biscuits put them in the freezer and keep them there until you need one. Then just take one out and place in the microwave for a couple of seconds and then feed. Never leave them in your tank longer 24 hours max.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi

I will try a full bag.....Any chance on sharing some of the ingredients?
Sure i will share some of them. No problem at all.

greens
quality flake food
Lots of calcium
ground rice
ground oatmeal

And about six others that i won't give up. You will not be disappointed with your fish,shrimp,and snails response to my biscuits at all.

Only fish that won't eat them at least in my tank would be my apistos. So I'm not sure about them.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
OK this was i asked why i did not want to list all the ingredients on another site. He was implying that i was hiding something that may be harmful to his live stock.
I told him that there was really no need to know these unless he planed to make them but i posted them anyway.

Here is the rest of the list just in case there are people here with the same thoughts.
Here are the rest of the things-
Algae wafers
Dog food ( for protein)
Pumpkin pure

The calcium comes from the greens and the powdered weekend feeder. There is a lot of vitamins in these as well.

So just so i can get feed back on these for the rest of you to see i will give one free half bag to one of the 3 people who first said they wanted some before i had to reveal the rest of the ingredients.

Those three people are daFrimpster, chiahead, chaznsc.
guitardude9187 i don't know if the :thumbsup: :thumbsup: meant you wanted some if you did you are in too.

Once you get the biscuits and try them you must post your thoughts and comments here so every one can can see. In other words just give some feed back about it for everyone to see.

You would just have to pay shipping by pay pal non cc and thats it.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I have used this snail food from Will for about a year. I have placed it in my tanks with some very rare Corydorus and plecos and never have I had a problem with my fish, in fact I was totally surprised to see my corys and plecos taking the biscuits from my snails. Anyone who uses these biscuits will be impressed. My snails all show great shell growth and my nerites love it.
omboocat

·
Registered
92 Posts
I also make my own snail biscuits. I use wellness (top of the line, super premium) dogfood chicken and rice formula (ground up very finely, powdered actually) to act as a binder. I add fresh chopped veggies and greens, including peas, carrots, spinach, kale, etc and put them in the chopper/blender. I add liquid vitamins, calcium, and deveined beef heart (fat removed too) and that all goes in the blender. It then goes in the blender.

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
Here is the rest of the list just in case there are people here with the same thoughts.
Here are the rest of the things-
Algae wafers
Dog food ( for protein)
Weekend feeders crushed in to a power.
Pumpkin pure
Will, I completely support everyone going into the process of trying to get good high quality home made FF for everyone! I'm in the same boat and it's really rewarding.

But I want to just give you a heads up. What weekend feeders are you using? MOST of them contain other stuff that you do not want in your tank One of the main ingredients in most is plaster I've heard. If you want to add calcium and those types of things you can use human vitamins usually.

So keep up the good work! If I didn't have a full freezer of things I've been testing out I would deffinatly order some!

-Andrew

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Will, I completely support everyone going into the process of trying to get good high quality home made FF for everyone! I'm in the same boat and it's really rewarding.

But I want to just give you a heads up. What weekend feeders are you using? MOST of them contain other stuff that you do not want in your tank One of the main ingredients in most is plaster I've heard. If you want to add calcium and those types of things you can use human vitamins usually.

So keep up the good work! If I didn't have a full freezer of things I've been testing out I would deffinatly order some!

-Andrew
Thanks i will leave them out. As of now there will be no more weekend feeders in them. :icon_smil

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.