The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. I am planning a planted nano tank for my African clawed frog and stumbled upon this:

http://www.petco.com/product/14978/...reshwater Fish Aquarium-14978#description-tab

What do you think?
My plan was to stock:
1 African Clawed Frog
1-2 Snails
Various low-med light plants.

The tank is 6.6 gallons, acrylic, comes with a HOB filter, 15w fluorescent (that's the only detail it gives on the light). Seems like all I'd need is a heater. What do u guys think? This would be my first planted tank, so any advice would be great! Anything you'd recommend, and do u think this would be a good tank for what I want to do? Only $39 too! Thanks.

·
Registered
861 Posts
It will be great for them since they like to dash to the top to breathe. I have the tank also and I pulled off the black rim and bottom piece since I no longer used those pieces or the light that came with it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It will be great for them since they like to dash to the top to breathe. I have the tank also and I pulled off the black rim and bottom piece since I no longer used those pieces or the light that came with it.
How do u like the tank? U think the light would be sufficient for some low-medium light plants? What do u keep in it? How is the filter? Sorry for all the questions haha. Hoping to get an idea of what others think of the tank.

On another hand...what kind of substrate do u guys recommend? I understand these frogs like to dig in the sand (he's in a bare bottom right now, so I can't attest to that) so I'm GUESSING I won't be able to keep plants on the bottom? Also, if I do some kind of fine sand, is my tank gonna look cloudy all the time cuz of the digging? Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.