The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i am trying to figure out whatI can use for lighting, my tank is 80 inches long, 40 inches wide nd 24 inches deep, now I found this light fixture on ebay and they said they can exchange bulbs for 6700 K bulbs

[Ebay Link Removed]

now would this light be suitable for a well planted aquascape or should I go for something else?

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i guess ebay link was removed well it is
1 x 72" Metal Halide and T5 HO 39W Aquarium Lighting fixture.
3 x Metal Halide 250W Electronic ballasts, UL certified.
3 x Metal Halide 250W double ended 15K reef bulbs. (10K, 14K, 15K, 20K bulb available upon request)
8 x T5 HO Fluorescent 39W 6700K.
4 x Mounting brackets.
8 x dual LED moon lights.

·
Registered
21,012 Posts
A tank that is 40 inches from front to back can't be evenly lighted with a single strip of light down the middle unless that light is suspended somewhere around 3 feet above the tank. If you want the light to be near the top of the tank, you need at least two strips of lights widely separated. For a 24 inch high tank you could use 2 rows of single bulb T5HO lights, with good quality reflectors, probably 36 inch long, 39 watt lights. This should give you medium light intensity.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Hoppy, you always are there with good helping advise!
On top of my acrylic tank there are two four inch strips of acrylic that run front to back of tank equally spaced so that makes room for three rows of 24 inch light fixtures that would rest comfortably on top of tank so I could use six 24 inch two bulb T5 ho fixtures.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.