The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
That co2 system will cost you as much in a years time in refills, as it would to buy a real set up. A co2 set up won't stop you from needing ferts, it will increase the need, because the plants will grow faster. This is all hinged on what kind of lighting you have, and what kind of plants you want to grow.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
If you are low light, with low light plants, you probably don't need any ferts. If you are medium-high light, you will need ferts and co2.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Well if you are gonna dose and upgrade your lights I would do a DIY co2. Cheap and easily made.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I'm not sure how the CLF's rate. I think that the Rotala's and the Chain Sword will like medium-high light and co2.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
how good is this Co2? can i use it on my 10 gallon? would it be better than adding ferts? would i need anything else for the Co2 if i get this one?
http://www.amazon.com/Fluval-Mini-P...?s=pet-supplies&ie=UTF8&qid=1318697437&sr=1-7
Too small. You'd do much better by buying a 10 or 20 lb co2 tank and regulator minus a solenoid shut off. That much co2 of that size would last a very long time well over a year. That would including running it nonstop.

P.S. It doesn't hurt to run co2 constantly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts