The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
60-P high tech, 45-P low tech
134 Posts
It’s hard to know without knowing what kind of light that is. But I would think the window/door near the tank would be the cause of ambient light issues since natural light is much stronger. I have some ambient light as well that hits the tank about an hour a day, and I use a curtain to diffuse it a little. Then I fine tuned my aquarium light amount until I hit a balance that didn’t cause too much algae. Of course algae could be caused by other issues besides too much light, but that’s another conversation.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It’s hard to know without knowing what kind of light that is. But I would think the window/door near the tank would be the cause of ambient light issues since natural light is much stronger. I have some ambient light as well that hits the tank about an hour a day, and I use a curtain to diffuse it a little. Then I fine tuned my aquarium light amount until I hit a balance that didn’t cause too much algae. Of course algae could be caused by other issues besides too much light, but that’s another conversation.
hmm just to be safe, i'm going to cover the tank window faced with a trash bag that i just bought. hopefully that's enough to slow down algae growth. i just finished my blackout treatment and i managed to clean over 90% of the algae on my tank hahaha

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.