The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so I finally caught my 2 Flying Fox Algae Eaters & my 2 Red Finned Sharks. I put them into 2 separate 1 gallon zip lock baggies. QUESTION: Please only answer this if you know for sure........... Will the live overnight in the sealed top baggies???? Do I need to do anything special to ensure they live??? My LFS is buying them from me tomorrow. Thanks for the help. Lesley

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK Bharada, but I'm bringing these fish to a LFS where I had planned a week ago to get rid of them........ I was only asking how I should preserve their lives over night. I don't care about Commercial shippers, that has nothing to do with my question.

Anyway......... I've put them in a bucket with an air stone & they are doing fine, I just hope they are still alive in the morning when I take them to the store. Thanks for everyone's input.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
OK Bharada, but I'm bringing these fish to a LFS where I had planned a week ago to get rid of them........ I was only asking how I should preserve their lives over night. I don't care about Commercial shippers, that has nothing to do with my question.
Fairly sure that that was his or her point, that people ship fish in bags all the time without prefilling with pure oxygen, unlike commercial shippers, thus, you should be fine.

Bag them before going to the store instead of the night before?

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
Go the bucket + airstone and a squirt of prime. It never fails....I don't trust ziploc bags they tend to unseal...

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
Fairly sure that that was his or her point, that people ship fish in bags all the time without prefilling with pure oxygen, unlike commercial shippers, thus, you should be fine.

Bag them before going to the store instead of the night before?
They're usually shipped in breather bags tho, not ziplocks. I'd also put them in a bucket for the night and move them to the bags immediately before taking them to their destination.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well it's Morning here & the 4 fish made it through the night & are all bright eyed & bushy tailed looking forward to the journey to their new home. Thanks for everyone's help.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.