The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to be buying plants for my low light 10g in about a week, and I just want to make sure that all of the following plants will work under a low light fixture (Fugeray-R). I know the following will work for sure:

crypt parva - want it for the foreground
crypt balansae - want it for the background
crypt pontederiifolia - want it because it is a broad-leafed crypt
bolbitis fern - actually looks like an underwater fern
peacock moss - will accentuate my driftwood

I'm pretty sure the following will work but need some confirmation:

ludwigia repens
moneywort (bacopa)
dwarf pennywort

I also plan on using crypt wendtii, jungle val, java fern and rotala to round out the 10g. I might even throw in some hygro corymbosa (keeping it well trimmed) and a bit of wisteria for good measure.

·
Carpe Diem
7,563 Posts
Everything should do fine, except possibly Rotala. Jungle vals and crypt bal. can get really huge for a 10g.

v3

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Everything should do fine, except possibly Rotala. Jungle vals and crypt bal. can get really huge for a 10g.

v3
The rotala I have is currently doing fine in my low light nano. As for the crypt bal., can I trim the leaves if they get too big, or will that damage the plant? I wanted something tall in the background, but the vals (can trim as well) will do as well as the hygro. If anything, I can swap the crypt bal. for a red wendtii. What do you think?

·
Carpe Diem
7,563 Posts
I would do wendtii instead. C. bal is pretty invasive and the leaves get to over 36" long in my high light tank.

v3

1 - 6 of 6 Posts