The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm ordering some s grade CRS, and just wanted to get some opinions on if my water will be ok. I've got ph7.0 gh5.6, kh3.9 It seems everything is just slightly higher than optimum but I think I'm close enough though. I really don't plan on getting an RO unit. They will be going in my cherry shrimp tank. It's a 15 gallon with black flourite sand, plants and diy co2. I have been fertilizing it very lightly but i will stop completely. I can further soften the water and lower ph using peat pellets in the filter if need be but I'll avoid it if i dont have to. I used to use the peat pellets for discus. It works great.

·
Banned
220 Posts
yeah it all sounds fine i dont know how but if you could lower the ph by like .2 that would be ideal and everything else sounds great you dont need to lower the ph it would just make the shrimp happier but eh what you gonna do

·
Shrimpsanity
3,052 Posts
Sounds fine but you won't really know until you put them in. The only way to be 100% sure is to use RO for CRS. There are so many other things in tap water that can make a shrimp unhappy. Your parameters could be spot on and you could still get deaths, or you could get lucky and have really really nice tap and they flourish....Good Luck.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. They'll be shipped out tuesday and arive wednesday. My municipality probably has pretty good water. Just a few weeks ago we aparently won the annual best tasting water in Ontario competition. I know this doesn't really say too much about the quality and how it pertains to shrimp, but you don't win if you can taste a bunch of chemicals in it. We use ozonation in our treatment process.

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
Thanks guys. They'll be shipped out tuesday and arive wednesday. My municipality probably has pretty good water. Just a few weeks ago we aparently won the annual best tasting water in Ontario competition. I know this doesn't really say too much about the quality and how it pertains to shrimp, but you don't win if you can taste a bunch of chemicals in it. We use ozonation in our treatment process.
Where abouts in Ontario are you? I'm in Hamilton.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.