The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What kinds of fish (suitable for a 20 gallon long aquarium) will not eat my plants?
Was thinking on adding harloquin rasboras? Mabye a few black skirt tetra (the white ones). Any other fish? I like platys but I heard they tend to munch on plants.

·
Registered
5,739 Posts
What is your water parameters? pH? gk? kh?

There are a LOT of fish that are plant safe but knowing pH will help whittle down the list.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ph is 7.6. I have a school of 6 cories and 3 oto cats and they are extremely peaceful fish. My betta seems to be acting a little too aggressive for their comfort (stealing food, "picking" (not biting) at his tank mates, patroling, etc.) and he is going back into his own domain. I was going to add 2-3 of the back skirts and/or a group of rasboras. These aren't fin nippers correct?

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
I have harlequin rasboras and I love them. They're cheap and hardy, don't eat plants, and don't bug anything but each other. Mine have colored up to a really pretty copper color. I've never seen them nip fins.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.