The Planted Tank Forum banner

Will these fish do well in my 20 gallon?

3324 31
:help:Hi everyone, I have been reading your forum posts and have found it very educational. Thank you so much! I do have a question though, I was trying to decide on what to stock my 20 gallon tank with and I wasnt sure if this would work. Advice?

School of 7 neon tetras
1 male fancy guppy
2 female guppy
3 corydoras habrosus (i think thats the scientific name for a type of dwarf)
5 ghost shrimp

(was thinking of adding a couple of ottos later on possibly)

Its been a long time since I kept a tank. Thx for the help!
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

· Registered
330 Posts
cory might nibble on your shrimp, but ya that sounds good. still have around 8 inches of fish to work with too! may i suggest plants? :)

· Registered
330 Posts
gotta love otos. endlers livebearers are beautiful and wont bother your shrimp, but they like schooling. and ive always been partial to rasboras ever since my lfs set me up with some on my first aquarium adventure seven years ago. guppy fry are super tiny, but will grow if you let them. do you have any lfs' around your area that will either buy or recieve them?

· Fresh Fish Freak
24,398 Posts
I'd get around 10 or so of the dwarf cories. And then call it a day since those guppies will start breeding you out of house and home and ya don't have a clue yet how much fun it's gonna be chasing them around a planted tank with a net. :hihi:

· Registered
558 Posts
ur not annoying, but cory habrosus are extremely difficult to find most of the time, you should join SCAPE (so cal aquatic plants enthusiasts) we have group buys and pick ups of cory habrosus every once in a while to reduce the high cost of shipping. theres also a seller on aquaria central mksjind or somethin she sells them every once in a while. Invertz factory also carries them from time to time

· Fresh Fish Freak
24,398 Posts
do they prefer hanging onto the plants? or will they swim like a school in the mid section of the tank?
Yes. :icon_smil

My C. pygmaeus are all over the tank in my 29gal. They don't school that often- but then, very few fish actually will in a smaller tank. Mine do spend a considerable amount of time shuffling around the bottom of the tank... but that's also prolly cuz I mostly feed them sinking wafers.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.