The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My swordtails have been breeding like crazy. Right now I have 5 adults in a 20L plus a lot of fry. I'm thinking of putting the adult swordtails in my 75g tank with my angelfish, thinking that the angels take care of the fry problem, and keep the fry that I have in the 20L until they're old enough to sell or rehome. I'm concerned that the swordtails will out-compete the angels for food. Has anyone else kept the two together? Is this something that I should be concerned about?

·
Registered
298 Posts
My swordtails have been breeding like crazy. Right now I have 5 adults in a 20L plus a lot of fry. I'm thinking of putting the adult swordtails in my 75g tank with my angelfish, thinking that the angels take care of the fry problem, and keep the fry that I have in the 20L until they're old enough to sell or rehome. I'm concerned that the swordtails will out-compete the angels for food. Has anyone else kept the two together? Is this something that I should be concerned about?
No, if u dedicated feed them equally amounts. Try to look at your fish behavior at feeding time, as well as how they are getting the food.
That way you will never struggle with any type of fish community tank.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts