The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am very new to the hobby and have made several mistakes thus far and am trying to get my setup right.
I got 8 RCS over the weekend that i introduced to my planted tank.
I do have fish in the tank but have replaced the bulk of my fish yesterday.
Currently i have:
3x bronze corys
2x otto's
2x Ballon Rams
4x white clouds

I have a 10g low tech tank.

I am aware that any fish will eat the shrimp if they can fit in their mouth. But theoretically will this setup work? Or should i rather move the shrimp to a separate tank?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
If you have a healthy breeding population of shrimp, they would probably be fine. Without that, perhaps not....

It does help to know the water parameters, including GH, KH and TDS levels. Shrimp also seem to do well with a sponge filter and moss.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well like i said. I got 8 the weekend. One is definitely a female and it looks like she might have some eggs...

I dont know if they are really good at hiding but i was only able to find 5 last night.

I do have a powerhead with a sponge filter... Water parameters i have no idea what they are. PH is the only one i know it was about 7.2 on sunday.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Move the shrimp now. The white clouds will eat them. The corys will eat shrimplets. The otos would be fine with them and I don't know about the rams, never had any. But the white clouds will take the shrimp down one by one.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok so what is the minimum i need to start a shrimp only tank?
I might have a 8l tank built by tomorrow. With a heater, gravel and some plants. What els is a must?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.