The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a few pairs of nice blue endlers that I got off a member here. They're in a 20H but it isn't planted or anything, just some driftwood. Endlers are suppose to breed like rabbits but will any babies survive with the lack of plants? Only other tankmates are otos and cories. I have sponges on all the filter intakes too.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Your Endler Fry

Hello kold...

Provided you've been keeping up with the sound tank maintenance schedule you set up in the beginning, your fry will be fine. You just need to make sure you feed them and all your fish a balanced diet. Start with putting two or three different kinds of flake food in a plastic sandwich bag and go back and forth over it with a rolling pin. The food should be like dust. Perfect for the little ones.

Feed all the fish a little as often as you can. I keep large tanks of Fancy Guppies, very similar to your Endlers and when I see fry in the tank, which is often, I feed more often. I've found that well fed adult livebearers seldom bother the fry.

If you can, get some Water sprite floating in the tank. It's good cover for the little ones and a good supplement to their diet.

B

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replies. The only reason the tank isn't planted is because I don't have a light for it. I did throw in some hornwort for some cover but I think I should add some more.

·
Prodigious Plant Pundit
5,403 Posts
I think that he meant that some fish are known to actually target their young and that Endlers do not seem to do this but if they get hungry enough they will eat whatever they can find, including the fry.
Exactly.

To clarify - they don't eat young at the rate Guppies do or the rate, say, a Betta would chow down on some Guppy fry... but they'll sure eat them.
Ah, I see. Thanks guys.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.