The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, stupid question, I know. I have a 20gal long aquarium and a NICREW Classic LED Plus light. According to their website, this light is 22W, 1150lm and 6500k. From my research I know that this light is on the low end of wattage for plants, but I don't have the money to invest in a twinstar or ADA grade light. Could I simply add another one of these to my tank to double the light the plants get? It seems so logically, but I want to make sure I'm not missing something obvious here. I want to increase light intensity to bring out better colors in my plants and to increase growth. Thanks.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Some dwarf hairgrass, ludwigia, and rotala species. This tank is a walstad method dirted tank and recieves no liquid ferts, only iron supplement in the soil.

Bump: Some dwarf hairgrass, ludwigia, and rotala species. This tank is a walstad method dirted tank and recieves no liquid ferts, only iron supplement in the soil.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
So no demanding plants. No filters? And what is iron supplement and how much did you use?

It’s only a 12” tall tank, so subtract 2”+ for soil/cap and probably only 10” water depth max. I run my nicrew light on similar height tank and I only run it at 80% intensity. There’s some other limiting factor here beyond light.

How long has this tank been setup? It can take couple months or longer for a walstad tank to settle in. Where are your floating plants?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No filter. I added approx. 6 1/2 inch diameter balls of amaco red clay. I also have frogbit on the surface. The tank is fairly new, and this is something I overlooked in my question. I will give it a few months before I make a judgement. Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts