The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Beautiful specimen I stubbled upon this afternoon while fishing in my front yard (2 acre pond). The ludwigia is waking up and looking great after a colder than normal winter here in NC.

I assume this is the typical L. repens.

I couldn't resist triming it's roots and soaking it in H2O2 and put it in my 135gal to monitor how it deals with 100 PAR near my L. repens reds. I transferred some to my little garden pond last year and they did wonderfully...I do not dose ferts or anything in that one. I also have dwarf hairgrass, arrowhead, and a random sword species from my big pond (and my neighbor's bigger pond).

[/URL]
[/URL]

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! I trimmed them last night as I'm trying to get them to fill in better. I set my point n shoot camera to sun color / temp on a cloudy day mode to get the white balance right and this shot is almost perfect to the true color I see. I believe to my eye it's actually a slight shade even darker red. I love my 10,000K BML LEDs.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The plant is taking off in my tank after just a week !!! It's grown maybe another 1/3 of it's size...I'll have to move him soon towards the middle or back of my tank.

I pulled this stem from about 3-6" of water; so right on the bank basically. All of these stems have their tops out of the water. I added some last summer to my garden pond and they sit in about the same depth and are just either floating or sitting in inert gravel and they made the winter just fine. This was one of the coldest winter's I can ever remember and it go as cold as -0.5F at our house in NC.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.