The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got these from one of the small creeks in town in north alabama. So far with comparing to the internet pictures, my guess would be ludwiga sp rubin . Any suggestion? The plants were in very shallow water but fully submersed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
Rubin is a man-made hybrid/variety I believe, so I think whatever you have is just a really nice specimen/really red because of growing in full sun in the outdoors

I say look into what ludwigia species are native to your area to help narrow down the IDing

·
Registered
191 Posts
I got some wild ludwigia from a lake. Looks very similar to yours. The deep red will fade. But so far after a couple weeks in the tank seems to be doing fine. I do dry ferts and liquid co2 and i got new growth on the tops. Had to trim a few leaves. So yours should be fine

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
BEAUTIFUL PLANT!! I wish I could find plants like this wild where I live. Still to cold I think. If they grow out of control and you need to trim, I would love some!!

·
Premium Member
882 Posts
BEAUTIFUL PLANT!! I wish I could find plants like this wild where I live. Still to cold I think. If they grow out of control and you need to trim, I would love some!!
Jacklyn, I'm sure you can find many plants in NC, including Ludwigia palustris. When it warms up, start looking in local water ditches and ponds. You'd be surprised at the plants you can score.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you for all the inputs. I really appreciate it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts