The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have 2 wild caught Cory Hastatus (I lost of the rest of the school quite some time ago for various reasons). Well, I'm establishing a 2nd tank and plan on moving the pair of Cories over and adding 6 more Hastatus. The fish I am looking to purchase are tank bred.
Will I have any issues with the wild caught pair integrating with the larger group of tank bred fish?

·
Registered
926 Posts
I currently have 2 wild caught Cory Hastatus (I lost of the rest of the school quite some time ago for various reasons). Well, I'm establishing a 2nd tank and plan on moving the pair of Cories over and adding 6 more Hastatus. The fish I am looking to purchase are tank bred.
Will I have any issues with the wild caught pair integrating with the larger group of tank bred fish?
As long as you don't tell them they will get along fine. If they know that the two are different and savages they will shun them.:icon_lol:

The only real problem you might encounter would be bringing worms or parasites from one group to another.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Where did you get them? I have been looking for them for a long long time!!!

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
Besides the risk of cross infecting as said earlier, I think its good.

You get to introduce new blood to the gene pool of those tank raised brother & sister
Cory Hastatus.

Idk if you care if they breed or not,but a pair of new genes would make a great fit :p

·
Registered
821 Posts
Idk if you care if they breed or not,but a pair new genes would make a great fit :p
I agree. If nothing else, broadening the genetic pool of your fish species is a huge advantage. The immune systems tend to get weaker the more they are inbred.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts