The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all.
I bought these wilds back at beginning of march off of aquabid, this is my seocnd venture into wilds, I am a big fan of giant/king bettas so when I found out these guys get between 4-6 inches and are bubble nesters and are pretty tolerant of water conditionsI had to have them. I have enjoyed watching them grow up and they are bigger than their more common betta splenden cousins. The other wilds I have pretty much hide in their planted tank and I rarely see them, but these guys like splendens are very curious and friendly ,I am unsure of the sexes as of yet, only time will tell enough of the gabbering here are the pics........

Attachments

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are 5 in there, you can keep a male and a harem of females together, but as with all bettas unless you have a huge tank only 1 male per tank, and yes they love the roots, the driftwood is home base to 4 of them, one of them hides behind one of the sponge filters pretty much, they do not have their adult coloring yet but they can be light colored like they look to a green color

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Isn't this one of the largest of the bubble nesters? On a side note, if I recall correctly, they need somewhat acidic conditions if spawning is to be attempted, although they are flexible if you do not intend to breed them.

·
Fresh Fish Freak
24,403 Posts
Great setup for some awesome fish! I love wild Bettas.

You should take a look at Betta simplex- one of my very favorites, and they do well in hard water. Also mouthbrooders- which makes them VERY easy to spawn. I'm probably going to be on the hunt for a reverse trio for myself in the near future...

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes this is the largest of the bubble nesters I believe, yeah they say slightly acidic or 7.0 of course, I will find out in a few months to see if they can in hard water or not if they can't guess I will have to be making trips for RO water, I am happy with these guys at the moment, and am running out of vacant tank space be it I have to wait and see if or how many males I end up having I think I have a 2/3 split but which way I am not sure

·
Registered
778 Posts
These are so cool! Its amazing how much different they look at this age, still beautiful none the less :D

How are their diets? Are they at all picky or partial to one food over another?

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
They eats kens max color flakes, omega one betta pellets, new life spectrum betta pellets, and of course frozen blood worms and brine shrimp like candy, they are not picky at all. So far they have been a total surprise as far as the way they act and are not picky eaters

1 - 10 of 10 Posts