The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i work up this morning. Nothing new. The road had "no parking" signs all over it, we get that often when they do cleanings and utitly work. Strange this is, in the car shop across the street there are trailors...and people with walkie talkies. There was a sign on my car that says "no parking today:movie set".

Why and what would they be shooting in this boring and crappy part of 31st st.? Anyone know what is currently being filmed in Chicago. I feel invaded. I guess I won't be walking to the grocery or the fish store today. I dunno but now i have a sudden urge to clean my appartment because of this. Looks like off to make some tomato sauce. *looks out the kitchen window-yeah i see trailors and people making a movie*

what is happening here?

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Why and what would they be shooting in this boring and crappy part of 31st st.?
Looks like they are filming there because people on your street have classic cars! :icon_smil

:iamwithst

Just kidding. Not sure what is being filmed, but you should try walking around, and get to be an extra. Who knows you might end up in the background of a movie.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Do those cars actually belong to somebody who live in the neighborhood or were they parked there by the production company? If they were parked there, it looks like it's some sort of period piece, in this case the period being sometime in the 60's I'd guess.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Make the best of it...

Go out right now and buy an AirHorn :biggrin: then just sit back and wait for the tape to start rolling... HHHHHHOOOOOONNNNNKKKKKK

Might also consider going "commando" inside your house for a few days, and make sure you "hang out" near that kitchen window a lot :hihi:

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Those cars are part of the movie. They roped off our street last nite and this morning they started moving those classic cars in. Pft, everyone in my neighborhood has some sort of beater car or a honda civic.

Thirston-I like your airhorn idea. You are giving me ideas. :p

Funny thing is, in the other direction there is an elementary school. They were setting up still when the kids were walking to school and as their confused parents tried to drive back home. It was fun watching the kids get excited but then realizing they have to be in school. They can see the set out of their classrooms more than likely-wonder if htey have nice teacher that will let them look out the window or mean teachers thaat will draw the shades.

I been searching the Chicago website to see what is filming right now.
"The Merry Gentleman" directed by batmanmovie batman-Michael Keaton is the only thing on the list of current movies in production filming this week. Wonder what the movie is all about.

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
Yes, see if you could be an extra, though they will need period clothes to match those cars. But at least go out and watch the filming. I had the chance to watch the filming on an Alfred Hitchcock movie decades ago, and it was fascinating to see how they did it.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Can't seem to find any sort of a plot synopsis on this one. The only info I can find is that it's an indie film and Keaton's directorial debut.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Get the cam corder out and get your own footage! Nothing like un-edited movie plots! Make sure you have one of those parabolic listening devices hooked up, else without words, it could be crappy!

·
Registered
845 Posts
Have your camera ready, super zoom in on people. You never know who may be in this movie. Get a good pic, you could sell it, if that person is of any interest.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
all they did was stand arround and eat snacks all day and wave traffic the other direction. but it looks as if they are moving in for the weekend. Maybe they will do something tomorrow? who knows. All i know is that my freind in Japan thinks I am so cool now.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Depending on how big the film is and if there's more than one unit filming at a time you should at least get a glimpse of Keaton I'd think.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Momotaro, there is always filiming going in Chicago, Its nothing new for me to see. My college I went to even has a very very large film department.

The thing that is weird is that i live in a very bland and quiet part of the city that doesnt really stand out. I find it, of all the places they could have shot, why my silly little street? :p

It wasnt too exciting to watch.

·
Registered
722 Posts
The thing that is weird is that i live in a very bland and quiet part of the city that doesnt really stand out. I find it, of all the places they could have shot, why my silly little street? :p.

that is probably why they chose your street...its quiet...

about a month ago, i was driving to the jobsite and someone was filming a movie on a quiet little street in rye ,NY

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.