The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 12 Amano shrimp in my 75g community tank, so they have a good amount of room to move around. I got them because I've never had shrimp before and thought the idea was cool, but also because of their algea eating ability. I notice ALOT of people talking about RCS and CRS and I'm wondering why? Not that I have anything against them, in fact I was thinking about adding some RCS to my tank. I'm just curious if there is something that I dont know about them? Something that makes everyone want them? Or, is it just looks? I'm a big fan of Amano's but, lets face it, they aint the prettiest shrimp in the world.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
RCS are very cheap and easy to care for. Not to mention that they also breed rapidly.

CRS are beautiful and can fetch a worthwhile price on the market. Not too demanding to care for either.

Of course, this is my opinion about the two shrimp types.

Amano shrimp tend to sell out quickly so that might be part of the reason that they aren't talked about as much as RCS and CRS - most of us can't get our hands on them. :)

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
It's because they are striking! If the Sulawesi shrimp were as cheap and easy to care for we'd all have them. Too bad they're not. :(

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. I was just curious. They are some good look'n shrimp! They will make a nice addition to my tank.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts