Lighting
2 High-Lite Tube Day 54 W (1200 mm)
2 High-Lite Tube Nature 54 W (1200 mm

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
That is a lot of light! I suspect you need more nutrients because of the high light level. Seachem is good stuff but perhaps you need to use more than the label suggests.

Try using only 2 bulbs for 8 hours a day and using more fertilizer than suggested. I know when I add more phosphate green spot algae is no longer very visible in the tank. If you belong to APC you can use the fertilator there to see how much you are adding of the Seachem products. 10 ml of the phosphate only adds .12 ppm to your big tank, more might work better for you.

How much water movement is in the tank? When I first set up my planted tank 3x tank volume was suggested but these days 10x or even more is suggested to get nutrients to the leaves and to keep debris from sticking to the leaves. Adding a power head where debris seems to collect might help.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great reply, thanks.
I was using suggested fertilizer for 2weeks and i notice fish is dying, now i am using fertilizer once a week only.
I have Bioflow 8.0 and EHEIM ecco pro 200 for filtration but i still think i need more water movement.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.