The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
why my aqua-clear 20 is much louder than my aqua clear 150? This will be my 2nd aqua clear 20 in 2 days. When its on, no air bubbles or anything but I can hear the impeller running really rough. My AC150 is almost completely silent. Does size have anything to do with NOISE? It's driving me crazy at night I can't sleep.

any suggestion please?

·
Registered
423 Posts
how old/new is the AC20? I noticed new ones quiet down after a bit, when the biofilm starts to build up on the moving parts.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Air bubbles make the filter run rough.
Clatter or chattering is an issue with the impeller shaft.

It's possible that the wrong impeller got installed. Possibly on more than one in the same master case.

More likely, the impeller shaft isn't seating in the little rubber tips that hold it centered in the impeller well.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the AC20 is just 1 hour old, I had to take it out because the constant tickling noise that bugs me, especially next to my bed. I opened the thing, make sure there's not airbubbles, propelor seems to be ok, not stuck or anything. My AC150 which called AC30 is 5 years plus and it runs dead silent.

The biofilm thing sounds interesting I might have to give it a shot or just returned the darn thing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.