The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
5 gallon unheated, pressurized co2, two finnex fugeray lights on for 10hrs a day. The fissidens is growing it's super dark. I do dose flourish and iron a couple times a week. I wanted this moss for its green color but not sure why it's not how I want it. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
5,934 Posts

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Well if it's dead then it's zombie moss bc it's still growing, and this tank has a zoo med 501 filter on it so the flow is great. I've been thinking about trimming it way back and seeing what it does. I dose flourish and iron a couple times a week. No excel in this tank. It's on these two rocks and the wood as well and it's growing and spreading, just looks dark.

It's weird though bc the back wall is also Xmas moss and is a dark color as well. Could it be to much light for these mosses?

It lives!!!

·
Registered
185 Posts
It does look like it's going, but at the same time it doesn't.. Do you dose any excel? It looks almost like it's melting or covered by algae.. The fissidens kinda resemble BBA like that lol.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.