The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
My rotala rotundifolia didnt turn red until it was 2" away from a ray 2. Rotala macrandra is a deep red color, just a bit more difficult.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Some plants need nitrogen deficiency to turn shades of red not just iron. Obviously trying to limit your N can be detrimental to other plants as well as the plants your trying to turn red. Not always worth the color.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
My aquarium is 125 liter
No3 50
Kh 3
Ph CO2 of 7 CO2 on 6.1
My light are 2 18w t8 8 hourper day
How high is high light ? Based on the info I cannot say that the light lacks a peak in the red spectrum.
Looking at your other posts I got the above. Don't know if it is up to date but it might help others provide a solutin.

1. In my opinion 2 T8 bulbs over a 125L (30g) is not high light, rather on the low side of things.
2. If accuraate, the NO3 are high. High levels of NO3 will prevent/help the plant stay green. But I do not recommend N stress to get red color.
3. Simple R. rotundifolia will get a pink-brown growing tip under high light. R. butterfly is way reder.

A red light will make the plants look redder. I cannot confirm at this time that red light actually makes the plants redder.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.