The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been testing the PH in 2 of my tanks for a while and they both have a PH of about 7.5-8. They both are filtered through peat, they both are heavily planted and they both have lots of driftwood in them. They are both blackwater at the moment. One has ecocomplete substrate over peat and the other has inert gravel substrate. I had a tiger barb in the larger tank die last night so I have decided I need to figure this out. my tap water is 7.0 and that is what I use for top ups and water changes.
why? Why? WHY?:angryfire

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
but the other tank is inert gravel, and I think the kh problem is from my tap anyway. Regardless I just want a solution here. Should I buy an RO unit or is there some other option (aside from buying RO water)?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am adding no co2, I calibrate the kits with a little bit of RO water that I got from the supermarket. The water comes out of the tap at GH 15 KH 14 and PH7.5. I purchased an RO system and I will wait until I have it before I do any water changes, I will then do 10% water changes every day until I can get the gh to 3 or 4. does this sound like a good plan?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.