The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my plants in the tank for about 3 weeks and have not noticed any growth at all.

Here is a list of what currently in there.

Java Fern
HC
Riccia
Singapore Moss

60gal

I have 4x65watt coralife fixture and run it 8hrs 4x and 4 hrs 2x

I also have two DIY co2 2-liters running.

I fertilize 3 times a week.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
How large is this tank? I don't have any experience with HC but my experiences with mosses and riccia (1 experience) have shown me that they don't tend to show growth all that dramatically for awhile. Now if you had some fast growing stem plants, you would likely see something more noticeable in 3 weeks.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Lighting is too intense and is running too long for DIY Co2.

Lower the lighting period to 8 hours, maybe run all 4 bulbs for two hours during the day.

With the shorter lighting period DIY Co2 more time to raise Co2 concentration.

·
Registered
66 Posts
hmm ya i hafta agree wit the ferns, my experiences with java ferns are that they can grow very quick when u dun want them to and vice versa. i dun have anything fancy at all, but just a desktop lamp with a betta fertilizing, and at about the 6week mark, every new plant i have from rhizome or plantlets were throwing out their 2-3rd leaf at an alarming rate...

it only took about 2 days for the leaves to get from about 1cm-furlled to unfurlled and the size of my thumb.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.