The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure what deficiency this is, but my Blyxxa Jap keeps turning a spotted reddish brown. Not sure how to keep it green. I was thinking maybe too much light so I replanted them under an outcropping of Broad Ludwigia to no avail. I prefer green.

·
Carpe Diem
7,563 Posts
Light. Give it some time to grow new leaves in the shade - they will be green :).

v3

·
Plant Whisperer
2,550 Posts
Bylxa naturally vary between green and copper color like you have in your picture. A lot of it does have to do with lighting, but there are also individual plants that stay more green or more red depending on the variant.

·
Carpe Diem
7,563 Posts
It seems that lighting and Co2 are the source of all evils :(
LOL, the best quote of the week :)

I did not realize there are Blyxa Japonica variants? I could swear I could tell the PAR at different spots in s 12L just by looking at individual plants. And I thought I found Nature's PAR meter :(.

What is going to drive me nuts now is why the plants from the same mother / father (singular?) change colors between different tanks o_O I bet the iron. But then I dose from the same bottle ... Another bummer.

v3

·
Registered
344 Posts
If it's any consolation, I have a handful that I'm blasting light, CO2 and flow over to try and get them to bronze up. But they just get greener lol.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If it's any consolation, I have a handful that I'm blasting light, CO2 and flow over to try and get them to bronze up. But they just get greener lol.
I guess I should buy more blyxxa until I hit the green jackpot

·
Carpe Diem
7,563 Posts
Maybe you guys can do a trade?

v3

1 - 8 of 8 Posts