The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I've had problems with feeding my Betta, like how much I'm supposed to give him. Many suggest 3-4 pellets every day, but my Betta can't even handle 2. He becomes bloated and sick, until he ends up pooping it out. Then, he's completley fine again. Feeding him 1 pellets seems to be ok though. I just want to make sure he's not being over, or underfed.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
How big is he? What food are you feeding? Have you tried feeding frozen or freeze dried whole foods like bloodworms or brine shrimp? It might be the food is hard for him to digest.

Have you seen any signs of illness? Maybe he has intestinal parasites or an infection that's keeping his digestive system from working properly.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Wait.. 3-4 pellets a day? ... Like of Hikari bio gold? Woah, I am over feeding my fish then.
Every betta I've ever had had different daily requirements to remain in optimal health. If your betta and it's tank aren't having issues with your normal feeding routine perhaps you're not overfeeding. Just wanted to get that out there. If you're starting to get algae blooms or your betta starts getting bloated then I'd think overfeeding, if not then keep on keeping on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.