The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It was quite disappointing to find little planted tank interest in the Salt Lake City area. After being involved for a few years in salt water reef tanks and enjoying the great knowledge sharing and common interest (WMAS) I have yet to find any groups that are as active with planted tanks. ???

·
Registered
102 Posts
I'm down in Provo and haven't heard anything...Luckily I'm not from around here and can piggy back on the chicago scene.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I'm from Salt Lake but moving to kaysville soon. I'd be interested in seeing what other planted tankers are doing. Do any of you have ponds as well?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Aquatic Utah is still up, but fairly quiet. I'm in the Richfield area, but come up to the Provo area once in awhile.

·
Plant Whisperer
2,550 Posts
You should start one.

If you want any advice on how to do it and what to avoid when setting up a club PM me. I founded the Connecticut aquatic plant enthusiasts a few years ago which is still kicking and growing.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'm in Orem as well I use to do only salt but found a new love in planted tanks, still new but I'm having great success with my 20, threads called seedless check it out I'm also looking to make connection in Utah so I can trade plants :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am in Sandy. I have a 125 semi high tech planted discus tank. I am currently selling Discus juvies I hatched and raised, you can find my ad on KSL. I am also selling a few different types of plants because i know how hard it is to find quality plants locally. I am in the process of setting up a Discus/plants breeding room. Feel free to call me 801-550-3277 Matt.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Born and raised in Hawaii. Been here in Orem for the past 4 years, for schooling.
I'm the manager of animal ark Orem. We have the nicest plant selection/equipment in Utah valley area. We have pressurized co2 kits, finnex led lighting, aquasoil, etc.

If anyone ever feels like swinging by my little plant room, hmu.

Mike

1 - 19 of 19 Posts