The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Normal if newly planted. Should recover overnight. If not any sudden changes but this should be a really easy fix

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Hi Nlewis,

What are you dosing for ferts? A phosphate deficiency can sometime cause drooping leaves.
EI method and following the schedule for 20-40G(tank is a 40B).

So today after looking closer I've noticed a few issues with my plants. My red ludwigia has some larger holes in some of the leaves and the stargrass has what looks to be very tiny holes. I believe from my reading that this is a potassium deficiency but I'm still not sure of the curling leaves. I read somewhere earlier that the curling leaves may be do to a calcium deficiency. So I'm not sure what to do with my ferts at this point. Should I bump up my doses by following the 40-60G schedule which will double my doses? If I just need more potassium should I bump up the KH2PO4 or use K2SO4? Keep in mind I am new to dosing, this is the first time I've added fertilizers to a tank on a regular basis.

Also I forgot, attached is a pic of AR mini. I noticed to day that the new growth from the plant is much redder, curling and crinkled.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.