The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought shrimp from a number of people in here so Im not sure who they are from. some of my red cherries are clear. they aren't that small either. 3/4" maybe. even some clear ones have a black part right below the head.. almost where the saddle is. I have smaller shrimp that have fire red color....

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
Males can tend to be almost clear sometimes, or they breed with a yellow, green, etc and have resorted back to wild colors, or could be something with the water they don't like, etc. Always hard to tell.

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
I had the same problem tooo so I kinda picked them (look mostly males) out and put them in a different tank :)Then few days later I check them and they turned redder ...
so now I put them all back to the old tank
well there are actually some of the females that look not as red as the others .. I will just pick them out later and bring them to the monthly club meeting in town ...

·
Registered
172 Posts
I have some female RCS that are sort of clear with just a little red on them too. I know they are female because they are berried.

Someone told me that each time they molt, they get redder. Don't know if it is correct.

·
Registered
74 Posts
My adult males are clear. I've had them for a few months now, and I've noticed the offspring are getting progressively redder. I was worried that I was going to end up with a bunch of non-red cherries...but their genetics seems to be sorting itself out as time goes by.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.