The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
We can go into much more detail by collecting more test results and a full list of other variables, but I sense that a quick and dirty solution would be preferred.

- The light may not be the best for planted tanks. This may be the best place to start, but don’t get one with too much power. I’d suggest something like a Nicrew.

- A good AIO fertilizer would help to provide critical nutrients that aren’t supplied in typical tap water or by fish. Here, I would recommend Thrive AIO packages.

- Cleanliness (important for algae control): keep detritus down in the tank, clean your filter with each water change (initially) and change at least 30% of your water weekly. If you don’t mind snails, they can help, a lot, in cleaning the tank.

- Make sure that you have good circulation (all plants very gently moving from top to bottom) and good surface agitation.

Allow at least two weeks after instituting these changes. Watch the new growth and remove the leaves that are covered in algae. If you don’t like what you see, post again and we can go deeper.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.