The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok in the past 2 weeks i have lost......

( i cant find it and havent seen it for 2 weeks) Runt of the discus tank ( 5 discus) now it wasint looking good the last time i saw it and it wasint growing well so i could see it getting beaten up. But my room doesent stink like dead fish and i cant find a body in the water. all else seems fine in this tank other fish are accounted for fish are eating well.

next i lost my breedingpair of juli transcriptus ? as well as one of the 4 multies and an apple snail. what i dont understand is if it was a water quality issue why didint the baby julis die ? Further more if the juli bond was broken they could have fought and died or mabey the multi ventured too close to them and they killed the multi then fought with each other and died of thier wonds ? Im stumped.

well im going to do a water change and try to capture the baby julis to ensure they grow to a ripe age.

im really pissed off right now and needed an outlet to vent my anger. thanks TPT.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Have you added anything to the tank? water clear? algae destroyer? I just lost a baby discus today for no reason too.
Not enough o2, too much co2? Has it been a long time since you cleaned your filter. After time the carbon can release toxins back into the tank.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nothing its been left alone all week except for addition of food ( all of which is eaten)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts