The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been away from this hobby for awhile but I'm finally ready to get back into it. Because of major upheaval in my life, I had to part with all but one tank. But I now have a place to set it up at last! So I rejoined TPT, and I'm surprised that I don't find any familiar names posting. Or anyone local at all, for that matter!

Surely there's someone from my area into planted tanks? I'd really appreciate any current input on your favorite LFS. And it'd be nice to do some local buy/sell/trade/RAOK! Anyone?????

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry I didn't see this earlier! I know what you mean, this can easily eat up too many hours. So I don't let myself get online as often as I'd like. But I've gotten my boyfriend hooked on this hobby and now he wants to build and 'scape a tank in addition to the one I just set up this winter :hihi:

I'll have plant trimmings eventually and a new project will mean we need lots of stuff. Maybe we can do some swaps.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds great! I have anubias petite, would love some anubias nana. I'm also attempting dwarf hairgrass if my dojo loaches will let it live, and these 2 Zamzows finds, which I don't know the names of.

The last one grows incredibly fast, I have trimmings every week or two.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the plant IDs. Good to know they're not too delicate. You gotta travel while you have tanks needing your attention at home? That's frustrating!! Hope things come together for you.

Yeah, I used to have RCS and they were cool but where I live now is one SMALL house! No room for tabletop tanks at all yet. Or much of anything else, haha!

BTW, nice cat. We are owned by 2 cats, one of whom regards my fish as her personal interactive video game.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome!

Hey there, LittleBig! Always glad to hear from others who enjoy this hobby. Cardinals are cool, do you have photos?

This forum is a great resource, there's not much activity in the local section but the plant, fish, and DIY areas always have new info. (New to me, anyhow!)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts