The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering a newbie in the web world looking to set up a web site for the WRAPFK. :eek:
Thanks Cindy

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
I have my site hosted by Las Vegas Communication Solutions - Web Hosting - Domain Registration but if I were to ever get hositng, I suggest The Planted Tank - Articles, Forums, Pictures, Links where you could buy the domain and hosting at the same time, or at 1&1 Internet Inc. - Web Hosting Services and Domain Name Registration ? both are great places.

If you need further help with any assistance in setting up or designing your site, send me a PM. I'm a freelance web designer and is always looking for work to do, so I could build up a nice portfolio.

·
PT Biologist
3,220 Posts
careful using GoDaddy when registering a Domain.
I have read complaints from a few sources that they
will squat the domain if you don't buy it right away,
and won't sell it back to you for less than $1,000.
Interesting, I have seen complaints, but it's always that someone was accused of spamming and GoDaddy's abuse department shut down their domains and demanded $199 per domain to turn them back on. I haven't seen anything about a $1,000 domain squatting problem. Do you have a link to these complaints? Please post it so GoDaddy doesn't get upset with us.

Personally I have my sites on Tripod and have my domains through NameSecure.

·
Banned
3,297 Posts
here's one of many threads about whois lookup domain piracy;

WARNING: Somebody might be spying on WHOIS searches - mind blowing but true!!! - DNSstuff Forums

as for GoDaddy, they camped a domain I whois'ed
so that comment's from my first hand experience.
I thought it was a strange coincidence too until
I found out this problem is being reported by others.
but you are welcome to delete these posts if you
worry it exposes PTF to any plausible litigation,
as I'm not here to discuss ISP realities with you.
I post enough of that stuff on dslreports.com .

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
I use DreamHost. I've used them for many years and although I realize they're not the cheapest out there, they serve my purposes just fine and I don't feel inclined to change. The domain registration is through Network Solutions as at the time they had a monopoly on domain registration. I should move the registration to dreamhost so I'll have everything in one place but also haven't felt inclined to deal with that hassle either :icon_mrgr .

·
Registered
189 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts