The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Per the chart and my water parameters, my co2 shows around 50ppm, once everything is settled down after a water change. Now I'm trying to get a visual handle on my plants as opposed to using any kind of measurements or indicator, and right now, I think my tank may be able to handle more co2. I do have small amounts of algae on one area of the glass, and some greyish hairy algae on my dying b. japonica, but overall the tank is suprisingly low on algae. I'm taking a guess here that I'm actually approaching 30ppm, but still have a bit to go.

I have two dwarf puffers in the tank which are supposedly sensitve to lower ph. My ph measures 6.5 once things settle. The dp's are fine, no gasping, no signs of stress. Ghost shrimp last about 24 hours before they die.

Are shrimp or fish, and more specifically scaleless fish like dp, more sensitive to co2. Or would my ghost shrimp death be a ph issue? I have had a little bit of ammonia with some of my plants rotting and dying but I'm doing extra water changes becuase of that, so I have to eliminate that variable, but I still wonder whether fish or shrimp will be more sensitive.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
My shrimp did fine with high CO2, my rainbows would be the first to gasp when I had it cranking. This excludes featherfins....they didn't mind it at all. Also, Olive Nerites, not big fans....erosion of the shells.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts