The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Nope. Yankees are too strong. Sabathia and Rivera are too good, A-Rod's a monster (this year), Jeter is, well... Jeter, and Texiera's just coming out of his slump. It'll be a good series, that's for sure.

·
Registered
21,012 Posts
The Phillies will win because the Yankees rely on too many mediocre pitchers, have too many hitters that tend to go into slumps at the worst time, and I have in-laws in the Philadelphia area. The latter is the key reason, of course.

·
Doesn't like Kool-Aid
10,125 Posts
Yankees rely on too many mediocre pitchers
HUH?

Sabathia? Pettite? Burnett? Hughes? MARIANO RIVERA...mediocre? Hoppy, I'll take my hat off to you with plants any day, but calling the Yankees pitchers mediocre is way off base (no pun intended). :D

This series is pretty much a toss up. Philly has an American League like line up that is frightening. If there is an advantage, I'd swing it to the Yankees. They have home field and Rivera.

·
Banned
5,009 Posts
Lee, the pitcher for the Phillies in game #1 was awesome. He didn't even break a sweat. How about his two catches? They cracked me up.

·
Registered
273 Posts
The Angels are gonna take it hahahaha. Seriously though, go Phils. They took game one but HOW ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO BEAT THE YANKEES FOUR TIMES?! And Momotaro....I'm with you on this one. Rivera is the best closer in the history of the game, Pettite has the most postseason experience in history..and Sabathia is uglier than satans nuts and can start 3 damn times in a 7 game series. Enough venting I'll say it again GO PHILS.
RIP Angels

·
Doesn't like Kool-Aid
10,125 Posts
Too early to start chest beating....

Lee was good in Cleveland, and continues his Cy Young form. He does need to be careful, he is on the biggest stage of his career and will look awfully foolish if he continues to show-boat and things go bad on him.

I think we'll see some hitting on both sides tonight. I can't see Burnett or Martinez hanging in too long.

Martinez may be up against it tonight. All the Yanks switch hitters will be on the left side tonight swinging for that short porch, if they slow it down and wait Martinez out he may be in for a tough time. He is getting older, and the Yankee bats are way more patient than the Dodgers. We'll have to wait and see.

If Burnett starts falling behind, it will be just as long a night for him as well.

Speaking of Martinez, anyone else see his pre-game interview? Those things are usually three questions and good-bye! He talked absolute craziness for over half an hour. Craziness. He is getting nutty.

G

·
Nope. Yankees are too strong. Sabathia and Rivera are too good, A-Rod's a monster (this year), Jeter is, well... Jeter, and Texiera's just coming out of his slump. It'll be a good series, that's for sure.
Indeed they are ;)

Go Yanks!
:hihi: How bout them Phils?

HUH?

Sabathia? Pettite? Burnett? Hughes? MARIANO RIVERA...mediocre? Hoppy, I'll take my hat off to you with plants any day, but calling the Yankees pitchers mediocre is way off base (no pun intended). :D

This series is pretty much a toss up. Philly has an American League like line up that is frightening. If there is an advantage, I'd swing it to the Yankees. They have home field and Rivera.
Rivera cant do much if you dont let him in the game nor did home field.. What good does home field do when your fans leave you high and dry?

·
Registered
357 Posts
Still think the Yankees will do it, but Lee was fantastic last night. Can't take that away from him.

G

·
Still think the Yankees will do it, but Lee was fantastic last night. Can't take that away from him.
They better hope the rest of there bullpen steps up cause it was terrible. I wonder who they will use now since CC didnt get the job done and never has against Philly. Keep in mind also 11 out of 12 of the last world series winners won game 1.

·
Registered
558 Posts
yankees need to die too much money too much power too much excess

read somewhere that their 4 infielders and sabathia make more than half of all teams in baseball, ridiculous.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts