The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
Picture is too small to give a good ID. Too blurry when zoomed in.
Unless the moss has very distinctive features that are identifiable from afar (even a foot away), most need to look at up close shots of the moss strands/fronds to give a more accurate ID.

I'm no moss expert. If you can't get a larger image, maybe where you got the pic from has a flora list that states what moss was used? Or ask whoever the tank owner is.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Looks like fissidens in the front and pellia in the back.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm no moss expert. If you can't get a larger image, maybe where you got the pic from has a flora list that states what moss was used? Or ask whoever the tank owner is.
I have no idea where I got the photo from, so I have no one to ask and no way to get a larger photo. I just figured a possible ID could be made from the growth pattern and general shape that the moss seems to have as a clump.

Looks like mini pelia but I could be mistaken
Yes, the moss in the back has that general shape.

Looks like fissidens in the front and pellia in the back.
That could very well be an accurate ID, as the moss on the back rock is a different green than the moss on the front rock.

Thanks you three!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.