The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, im pretty new to planted tanks and am cycling my first tank. I have mopani wood in there with peacock moss tied on with cotton string. It has 2 zebra danios in it and has only been cycling for 3 days. But the wood is starting to get some opaque white stuff on the top of it and it looks like it may be on the moss as well. What is this stuff? Will it go away by its self? Will it kill the moss (the moss definatly has not rooted.yet as its only been on for 3 days)? What should I do? Thanks!

·
Registered
102 Posts
My mopani driftwood went through the same thing even though I soaked it before adding it to the tank. I was concerned at first but as already mentioned, it is harmless and will go away on it own. When doing water changes I would pour water back in directly on top of the wood to get some of the film to come off and then would let my filter do the work of sucking up the pieces floating in the water as a result.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I got it on mine and it's harmless, I wouldn't say fungus. Is it slimy? It will keep coming back after several washes, but eventually stop. It's just ugly, that's all.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.