The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased 20 cherry shrimp from a member on this forum around a year ago, and several genereations later I spotted a few cherries with very noticeable white stripes goin down their back.

Do they have a different name than just red cherries? Anyone else have any scuttleing abouts in ther tanks?

·
Registered
6,169 Posts
You should try to introduce some new variety after several generations to ensure that there won't be any inbred mutations that get too pronounced.

·
Premium Member
1,286 Posts
As everyone said its common to female cherries. Just wait though at the rate that cherries are color mutating I'm sure we will be seeing blue striped reds and yellow striped blues and so on lol

·
Registered
434 Posts
I do have a couple of lime-green yellow neos with day-glo champagne colored highlights. I have pics somewhere that I'll post later.

·
Premium Member
1,286 Posts
It is a trait that breeds out in the bloodline but not 100% it's more random from what I can tell. As they get older the stripe tends to get ugly in my opinion. I have some that don't look nice :(

·
Registered
1 Posts
only females?

Hi there,

I recently got 10 RCS all with this stripe, however they are big enough now to show either a saddle or eggs by their legs, some of mine show the saddle but I have some that are smaller and have no saddle or eggs.

Could the males have this stripe also?

Steve

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.