The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

On Friday, I found something growing on my airstone for my CO2. It's white, almost jelly-like in appearance. It was only on my airstone and none on my plants. I replaced the stone and used some Algae Destroyer. However, I woke up this morning to find it on my new airstone as well. Does anyone know what it's from this brief description and how to get rid of it? Is it possible it's on the airstone already as I bought them out of a bulk box at Petsmart? Bad batch?

Sincerely,

Genaro

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
Is it a DIY CO2? Its the byproduct of the yeast reaction if it is a DIY. Nothing harmful. You could but a gas separator online to keep that stuff out of the tank if you want. but again, I its not bad. Just keep changing and cleaning your airline and stone.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I got the same thing on mine. I put a separator in line and i'm still a getting a little of it, but it takes weeks to form now.. I figure its most likely organic so i'm not horribly worried about a small amount of it. I just change the stones about once a month or so to make sure the bubble size stays somewhat smaller so i can keep them in suspension longer.

jason

1 - 4 of 4 Posts