The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Okay so I couldnt get the white sand they didnt have any :-( I bought florite and some lava rocks but now Im thinking I may just fill it with tree branches. I dont think the lights I have are strong enough. Thats fine because I have a 40 gallon with live plants. I may take a few Java fern and tie them to some of the tree branched toward the top to see how they do. Here are some pix

Attachments

·
Registered
926 Posts
Jeez, if I had a dollar for every really nice planted discus tank i've seen

I would now have about five bucks! always inspiring

·
Registered
163 Posts
Will plants grow in white sand alone or do I need to add a base to it?
Thanks
I use white pool filter sand and they grow just fine not as fast as my dirted tank but they are all healthy
I do a daily dose of glutaraldehyde 2.5%about 5ml I think.
Haven't noticed any growth explosions like my Dirted Tank but everything is healthy and strong

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks nwa-planted the new tank is 20wx18dx20h
I trying to figure out what I want to put in it. I had my heart set on the pea puffers but from what Im reading they can be difficult feeders

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks Crob5965
They didnt have enough white sand so I went florite. It's like brown and cly color mixed. I dobt think my lights are very strong but its in a room where it will get plenty of indirect light so my try a few crypts and some java ferns to see how they do. I had also thought about tree branches and rocks only

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.