The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
it happened to me too. But mine was on plants+tank glass. Threw in a couple plants into my RCS and they devoured the algae. Then I took out my fish inhabitants from the algae infested tank and threw in the RCS+ottos for a few days. The algae was gone and never came back.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I had the same problem this week with a rebuild. White fuzzy fungi on driftwood that was sitting outside for a couple of weeks. Probably picked up spores. Looked awful and furry for a week then I put a couple of black mollys in and it's 90 percent gone within 24 hours. Mollys are workhorses! :proud:

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
I sanded all loose bark off of mines and boiled it and it hasn't returned yet. But all is good, its just organic matter being decomposed.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My Angelfish starting nibbling on it and its now 75% gone. I don't feel like removing it and sanding (although a good idea) as they are already use to it, so I hope it just goes away on its own!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.