The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have seen it posted on here and elsewhere that this could be a bacterial infection. I have isolated all 6 of mine, 3 tangerine tigers and 3 RCS most off them 3 months ago or longer and last one, a RCS, yesterday. When I moved him into the "sick" shrimp tank I noticed that one of the tangerine tigers is now totally white inside. All of the affected shrimp are males. I decided to see if this could be treated and took the "all white inside" tiger and the newly infected RCS and put them into a 1 gal tank and added Maracyn TC. They got the second dose today. The treatment will last 5 days and can be repeated once more. So far the shrimp are acting normal and eating but the infection, if that is what it is, has not improved. Could it be something else? Seems strange to me that only males get it and that they could live with an infection for that long without appearing sick as they all act totally normal just have a white line inside, some more, some less. Could this be a "hormonal" imbalance since they are all males? Sperm overload?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.