The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like to name this shrimp white headed bumbleebee. I have around 5 adults and 15 juvies so far. Seems the white pattern is different among shrimp.

I am currently running an experiment to see if these shrimp are a hybrid of the normal bumble bee and crystal red shrimp. I currently have one pregnant female CRS in this tank and she should have babies in like three weeks.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I've seen white headed "new bees." I think that's what they were refered to as. They were different from bumble bees and different from bees. I believe Silane had them.

Maybe that's how he got his? Very cool though.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've seen white headed "new bees." I think that's what they were refered to as. They were different from bumble bees and different from bees. I believe Silane had them.

Maybe that's how he got his? Very cool though.
I am not sure that is a correct name for them. It looks more like a bumble bee. Ido not see the orangy tail and white dots in them like a bee.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
From what I've read, "true" Bees and Bumble bess are differnt. The Bees have a white head and an orangish tail, where Bumble bees have a black head and a white tail. So if you have a white head and a black tail, congrats!

Tommy

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
but its from his bumble bee tank. So it must be a new kind of breed. Do bumble bees have grades? From what I've seen they all look A grade in terms of CRS/Diamond shrimp

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
Pedro, you should check the really long shrimpnow.com topic about bees and diamonds, I think this is like Type II or something. Its all a big mass of a mess in names right now, can't remember if those have a name yet...

Sorry I'm not much help. They really look nice though

-Andrew

1 - 6 of 6 Posts