The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 10g (plant holding tank) that is almost done cycling with 2 snails. Over the last week this stringy white stuff has slowly started to cover the java moss (it is not dead moss) and my dwarf hair grass and aquasoil. It kinda looks like a spider web or lint. I am not running co2 at the moment, my diy co2 tube keeps filling with water even though it is above the tank :confused1:

So what is it?
Thanks!

·
Registered
3,202 Posts
I have a 10g (plant holding tank) that is almost done cycling with 2 snails. Over the last week this stringy white stuff has slowly started to cover the java moss (it is not dead moss) and my dwarf hair grass and aquasoil. It kinda looks like a spider web or lint. I am not running co2 at the moment, my diy co2 tube keeps filling with water even though it is above the tank :confused1:

So what is it?
Thanks!
if it is also on the gravel then this algae is normal in new setup and it will fade away once the tank is cycled. but posting a picture would help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.