The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my tank running since March. About a month or so ago, I switched out my drift wood for another type. And I noticed that white fuzz stuff getting on it. Searching on here I found that it is, some type of fungus that will go away on it's own. Well it hasn't at a month. Even took all the wood out and put it in boiling wood, white stuff came right back.

Also the white stuff has spread to the plants. I had some algae on my plants so I repalced all the plants in my tank about 2 weeks ago, algae free. Now white stuff is on my wood and plants. I've dosed hydrogen peroxide in it a few times, doesn't really help. I ordered some CRS and they will be here in a few days, so I would like to get this fix before they show up. The white stuff will brush off the wood, and most will come off plants, but not all.

Any advice, pics below

·
Registered
430 Posts
those are diatoms I am sure, they come with your new driftwood - and they will go away as the driftwood acclimates and they go through their cycle - keep up reg water changes and maintain good filtration while wiping the leaves and other decorations clean of them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.