The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been treating my 3 corydoras sterbia,1 corydoras julii,2 angelfish with maracyn one and maracyn two for about 8 days and this condition hasnt gotten better or worse. The symptoms are only showing on the smallest sterbai. They are in a temporary 29 gallon grow out tank. ammonia is 0, nitrite is 0, nitrate is roughly 5 ppm. Temps are steady at 78. I feed the corydoras hikari bottom feeder wafers, sometimes hikari algae wafers, and occasionally blood worms. The tank is half planted with dense vallisneria and a few crypts, the other half is open for swim room. The tank is only temporary my 40 gallon breeder has two brand new fully cycled fluval 206 canister filters that ill be putting on my 65 gallon as soon as it gets to my lfs. Im feeding the filters ammonia so hopefully my 65 gallon wont need to re-cycle. The angles are new and since my new tank is late i didnt have a quarantine tank set up. They dont show symptoms but i think they most likely brought something in with them. Wondering if anyone has any suggestions since the maracyn one and two combination doesnt seem to be working. The smaller cory has the small patch on his side and the front of its dorsal fin also has a small layer.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
Looks fungusish. I am currently treating a betta for a similar patch. I am using Tetra Medica Fungi stop which is colloidal silver based. She has been in it since Monday morning (Sunday night by you). It seems she is handling it just fine despite dealing with a secondary dropsy infection, which I can't treat before treating the external wound.

It is 5 day treatment, seems to be snail and plant safe so far. It gives the water a slightly humic brown colour. But does not seem to stain like methylene based treatments.

You could also use CopperSafe, which is known to be safe for cories, but I can't vouch for plants or invertibrates, some research would be required.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm worried about the spread of this. Maybe consider quarantine and to test different temps, water parameters, treatments, and food to see what is most effective and to keep others uninflected?

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
What's your GH and pH?

Finish up the current Maracyn 1 and 2 meds since they are antibiotics which you want to finish the full course.

If the infection is still there use Kordon Rid Fungus (Ich Attack is the same ingredients).
If you can't find that, use Seachem Paraguard. Treat the whole tank, so don't separate the infected fish.

If the infection gets worse, post more pics (quote my post if you do so I get a notification). I doubt it's Columnaris though.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No better no worse, thanks for the suggestions will check gh tomorrow i believe ph is around 7.8. Tomorrow is the last day of this treatment then I need to try something else. Will do some research and see what i can find locally.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.